English Grammar Adverbs of Frequency

Adverbs of frequency tell us how often something is done. These include; always, constantly, continually, frequently, infrequently, intermittently, normally, occasionally, often, periodically, rarely, regularly, seldom, sometimes, . . .

For example:

I always do my homework on time. - In this sentence always shows us the frequency.
She goes out occasionally. - In this sentence occasionally shows us the frequency.

Most frequent always

constantly

nearly always

almost always

usually

generally

normally

regularly

often

frequently

sometimes

periodically

occasionally

now and then

once in a while

rarely

seldom

infrequently

hardly ever

scarcely ever

almost never
Least frequent never

When something happens regularly at a fixed time we can use the following as adverbs:-

Every day
=
Daily
Every week = Weekly
Ever fortnight (two weeks) = Fortnightly
Every month = Monthly
Every year = Yearly/Annually

For example:

I get a newspaper every day. = I get the newspaper daily.
I pay my rent every month. = I pay my rent monthly.


Cara Cepat Belajar Bahasa Inggris